Thursday and Friday I sent the day moving into my new office
at work. We have no idea why this was necessary, but a couple others had to move
around also. I will be so happy to
retire and move onto something else! I always joke about a prerequisite to working
here being one must be insane, but the truth is if you are not when you are
hired; just stick around awhile!
Another beautiful week end! It’s as if we haven’t had winter
at all this year.
My new wedding/Anniversary band arrived and I love it! It’s
just what I wanted and what a bargain it was too. The artist is Fernando Benally: http://www.fernandobenally.com/
Mailing Address
Fernando Benally
903 west alameda #522 SANTA FE NM 87501 US
Phone: 5058629142
E-mail: fbenallyinfo@gmail.com
Roger made a lot of progress on our bathroom project this
week end. Peeling off all of the wallpaper, fixing quite a few wall issues as
he went and getting about half of the room painted. I finished the medicine
cabinet with a Sea & Sand theme. It will be the primary color focus in the
room.
We are considering adding large
Rain type shower head and consolidating the switches & plug outlets.
Saturday I cleaned the entire house and baked a large turkey.
I really love having food cooked and ready to warm up for easy fast dinners
after working all day. The bird will last us awhile!
We made another run to Lowes where we bought a light fixture
and a new overhead light/Fan. I can hardly wait to see them installed! We
consider new hinges for the cabinets but didn’t find anything we liked there,
we will continue to look. We found some perfect
switch covers there but we will have to wait to see exactly which ones will need
after the consolidation.
David Young brought his wife over to meet Cabby. We had
considered re-homing Cabby with this man and his wife, but Roger was not too
impressed with the idea. He thinks Cabby
would benefit from a family with children, IF he is to leave us. Sounds to me
like Cabby will be staying with us and that’s okay with me! My only
hesitation is in having two intact boys, but that is something we will deal
with.
Speaking of boys, wee Percy will be 14 ½ on March 5th.
How is it that some days he can hear better than other days? The stinker knows
how to work it!
We had our first recommended painter come by to give us an
estimate on replacing bad boards, scraping old paint and painting the outside.
I have collected several other recommended painters to contact.
I updated Debra Jones, Realtor about our increased square
footage; 1461. She was excited$$$$.
Sunday started out winding, overcast and cool but it soon
turned to breezy, sunny and warm. I washed the Scots and got busy with their
grooming. Crazy, but I still don’t think their coats are ready! It is what it is and the show will go one
whether they are ready or not. Ella is coming into full heat, which will make
for an interesting time. Poor girl is rolling with hormones right now and so
needy! Of course Cabby is happy, happy, happy, excited.
Roger was stuck in the bathroom all week end and hardly got
to enjoy the lovely weather at all. At
least we were able to have the windows open.
I sliced up the big turkey bird and we had a feast for
dinner. The freezer is now full of meal size turkey dinners and I am cooking
the bones in the big crock pot for broth.
Roger ran to the store and picked up some of that delicious
box wine. Julie & Mark spoiled us, ha-ha-ha. So enjoyed some refreshing white
‘whine’ while we watched the Oscars, but it didn’t take long before I was in
bed sound asleep, leaving Roger to finish watching the show by himself.
It will be a short work week for us as Thursday AM we leave
for the Heart of America Specialty dog show in Gray Summit, MO. (By St.
Louis)



















Your anniversary ring is gorgeous.. Love it!
ReplyDeleteIts looking good Roger..
ReplyDelete