Monday, August 25, 2014

 
Aren't they the cutest?!

The weather put a damper on our plans this week end. I bought a big tent and thought it would be fun to just hang out at this cool place we found a few weeks back. Just to relax, read, nap, fish, splash around in the river,  stare at the campfire, and completely chill for one evening was the plan. When we heard it was going to be 100+ we decided to put that off until wonderful chilly fall weather. I am not a fan of this sweltering heat!   
Tubby

Saturday Roger tried to get us to go downtown to the steak cook off but couldn’t find any takers. Instead I sent him to the grocery store for a rotisserie chicken for dinner; served with my homegrown green beans and Yukon Gold potatoes. Dylan loves my fresh veggies!

Roger painted a little more on the living room. The grey paint perfectly accents the beautiful new teal color, but it looks too dark for the ceiling. So,  the ceiling will have to be  white to match the trim.  It’s going to be a lovely room, if we ever get it finished. Chuckle. I need to get stay home and get busy!  
Chicago view from Navy Pier

We settled in for a movie night Saturday evening and found on Amazon Prime a Robin Williams comedy, World’s Greatest Dad 2009.  This may be the most disturbing movie I have ever had the displeasure of watching. Not only is it NOT a comedy, it is twisted and unbelievably sad. In this movie his son is a stupid 15 year old jerk that no one likes. Robin plays a frustrated writer and a sad school teacher. His son accidently kills himself by choking
his self while masturbating, and the Dad covers it up by faking it as a suicide.  You think for a time that maybe some good is going to come out of his cover-up; only to end up smashing that thought and leaving you with a complete forbearing sadness. This would be a horrible movie even without the recent tragic news of Robin Williams own suicide.  I am left with the feeling that some of Robin’s own childhood might have been portrayed by this kid.  

Sunday we got the fur-kids out for a little work-out at dog school, and spent a great amount of time grooming and cuddling on the sofa.  Diana is beginning to catch on to obedience, but loves agility. Miss B. (Belize) was a spaze as always, but eventually calmed down.


Big Deal Alert! Sunday afternoon we headed to Wal-Mart to have a few pictures made at the kiosk, and while we waited for them to process, walked around the store. Unbelievably, I found large filets of wild caught frozen salmon for $5.00! It was delish for dinner along with my homegrown yellow squash.  Another Dylan favorite. Dessert was sweet fresh strawberries, yummy!    
Dylan is trying out the new craze; flavored Lays potato chips; this time cappuccino. Totally disgusting!
The highlight of the week end was playing Mexican Domino’s. Even Dylan, the self-professed teenage genius, thought it was great fun. LOL.  Now that we are ready to go professional with this game, we are ready to take on some competition.  
Roger & Jim - what a great visit!

Mom found out late Friday that the community center is not available for Jason & Aiko’s wedding celebration on Oct. 18th. So, I have a couple other places to follow up on today.
She also tells me she has composed a guest list and that Sandy is getting the addresses for mailing out invitations.


Once again, I am seriously considering a new car. I cannot trust it to go further than a few miles down the road and certainly cannot take the dogs in this heat. It may be time to ditch it and start over with the dreaded car payments. L

No comments:

Post a Comment