| Roger & Belize winning Winners & Best of Breed |
Thursday we had to take a hooky day to finalize our decision
about the new car. We test drove and examined until we finally ended up at the
Mazda dealership. Decision made and trade-in accepted. The Mazda Touring CX-5
with black interior and roof rails is not in stock, so it is now on order.
New Car
Sweet Diana
Saturday with just a little sleep we were on our way at 3 AM for the show.
Halfway there we ran into a horrid rain storm. Thankfully, Roger
drove the whole way, arriving with time to spare. What a great way to try out a
new car!
What an interesting part of the county West Oklahoma is. I was wowed
by the open spaces. It felt more like New Mexico than Oklahoma with its wide
open spaces and rural rolling pastures. We vowed to allow more time to explore
the area next year.
The show site turned out to be a surprisingly nice facility
and our motel was clean and comfortable.
I groomed Diana and B (Belize) to ready them for the ring
and we quickly dressed for the ring. To our surprise, B won on Saturday and
Roger went on to the Breed ring. The JUDGE: Mr. James J Ham, was very
nice and helpful.
12-18 month
class-Winners & Best of Breed – Bonhaven Island Girl.
Diana received Reserve – Bonhaven Love Child
We went out to dinner to celebrate at Rib Crib where we had
more Meat than should probably be consumed in a week, plus dessert! LOL
I had assumed since Diana was older and has a more mature
body, she would not have any problem winning over the smaller, younger Belize.
Boy was I wrong!
Sunday we showed at a later time so we had more time relax
in the morning.
Miss B’s show quality shown through again on Sunday winning
over her half-sister and thrilling the JUDGE: Mrs. Dawn Hansen. How nice to have this judge express such kind
comments over our little girl. She has Charisma, that star quality, Look at me,
I am adorable; yep that’s our B. (as well as being hyper as all get out!)
Breed Ring at Elk City, OK
What a great time! Roger
got to experience the Breed Ring twice which is a pretty big deal. I must say,
he looked really good too! I was proud of him and little B.
We stopped on the
way home and had what has to be the most expensive fast food hamburger ever.
$20.00 for two burgers, onion rings and a drink at Dairy Queen. Yes, I ate the
whole thing!
Gathering mailing
addresses for Jason&Aiko’s celebration dinner. Vacation time has been
approved for 10/13/2014
to 10/20/2014. Roger and I plan to take a few days to arrive in NC, stopping to
visit and sight-see along the way.
I am really excited
to be getting Cabby back from Janet this Sunday. This is the other boy from Belize’s
litter. He has been with Janet for a while now as she wanted to show him for a
while. Once again we will have four dogs in the house.
It hardly seems too
many as Diana and Percy are such low maintenance, easy keepers.
Bonhaven Cabana Boy "Cabby" as a baby
It’s a Crazy time at work with the new school year starting up.
So many more things I would rather be doing…but who has the time? This so explains the secretaries I have to assist everyday.....



No comments:
Post a Comment