Wednesday evening Roger treated me to the last Drillers
baseball game of the year. It was an
outstanding game and so nice to see the Drillers be in playoffs. It was a bit
muggy, but cooled off after two Stella’s and a bag of roasted peanuts.
LOL (There
are 154 calories in 1 can or bottle (12 fl.oz) of Stella Artois Stella
Artois Beer.
You'd need to walk 43 minutes to burn 154 calories)
After a hard arduous work week it is so nice to just stop
everything. People who know me understand this is not a normal
thing for me; I tend to stay on the move the majority of the time. I’m not talking about meditating, dreaming or scheming;
but just shutting down mentally and physically for a while. Oh yeah, sweet.
With my last ounce of patience stretched to the snapping
point, I drove home in zombie mode last night, opened a bottle of wine and built
a fire in the chiminea. We discussed going downtown to the festival, but somehow
just couldn’t seem to rouse ourselves. Dylan’s high school football game Friday
evening and save the festival for Saturday sounds much better. As night fell
and the temperature dropped, I enjoyed lavishing in the smoky glow of the wood fire.
Diana and B jockeyed for my lap; eventually both of them managed to snuggle down
blissfully onto my lap and chest at the same time. The warmth felt good! Suddenly,
autumn has arrived at Bonhaven overnight,
I fully expect leaves falling, and extra blankets on the bed tonight. This
morning is 50 something degrees with cloudy drizzle, but I am refreshed and
ready for a FUN week end!



No comments:
Post a Comment