There is something about this time of the year. An excitement
about the promised cool weather to come but the dreaded sadness of another summer
passed. What happened to the leisurely days spent frolicking on the beach, with
the sand between my toes? I miss the ocean so! I can’t say I am much of a fan
of Oklahoma summers, with the oppressive heat and silt infused lakes. Most of all I miss the cool salty, breezy
walks and runs run on the beach.
Thursday evening Roger treated us for a concert by OneRepublic. It was really outstanding. Dylan even put away his cell phone for part of it. Amazing.
Tonight we are off to the Mazda dealer to check out their SUV’s.
Car shopping is such a struggle!
I thought the Hyundai
Elantra GT was the perfect choice only to find out it could not accommodate a
rack as well as the tech package which had the backup camera, along with the
shape of the tailgate opening. The whole point of the hatch back was to have
access from the rear but this one is designed like a trunk. Dog Crate door
could not be opened with this configuration.
Subaru Outback – love this car but really wanted a little
better MPG. It’s still a contender.
Then there was the VW Jetta Sport. Perfect design but in
order to get the backup camera package, you have to buy a diesel. WTH! (What the heck)
Toyota Prius – if I could just get past the name. LOL There
are some that would do, but I just don’t care for the look of them.
I learned my lesson about buying a car purely on its economic
performance. Although my 2003 Saturn VUE has been an outstanding car, until
recently, I have always hated the way it looks, and have always treated it like
an old beater truck.
Rogers Aunt Gwen was honored by having one of her paintings
used for the Choctaw National Poster. She is very dear lady and so talented!
We enjoyed a very awesome Pow Wow at the Cherokee National
Holiday in Tahlequah, OK this week end. The evening weather was perfect for
being outside. Rogers son Dylan went with us and was as would be expected,
somewhat bored. Teenagers - !
No news newlyweds, but plans are taking shape for their
party.
Dog show in Elk City, OK this week end. The girls are
looking good and we are getting excited. I would be thrilled to place in the terrier
group ring!


No comments:
Post a Comment